A year can go by with you noticing everyone else’s specks in the eye, but you can go without noticing the log in yours. This year has been a conscious year with regards to myself and how I act around other people and my behavior. I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions, so this is just a realization I’ve had, and maybe you could learn from it too. I believe that the best is yet to come in 2014. Another year to start things right, and be consistent; there’s always room for change, and it’s never too late.
- Pride sucks life out of you, and it seeps into everything if you let it do so.
- Just because something’s on sale doesn’t mean you should get it. (Things to avoid: Impulse Buying, because Buyer’s Remorse is more painful to deal with.)
- Finish what you start: Blog posts, Graphic Projects, Sentences, and your food!
- Pessimism is a soulless, bottomless pit.
- You are neither perfect nor the center of the universe.
- Soda everyday won’t bring you a day closer to a 100 years old.
- “I Don’t Know” is the wrong answer.
- Having a Yes Face does not necessitate stacking priorities. You cannot do everything at once. You might be mistaking this for multitasking.
- Loosen up; be lame; be a cheeseball once in a while.
- Allowing yourself to be offended is an offense. Yield that right.
- Quit being so paranoid.
- Watch what you say and post on Social Media.
- Headaches are caused by your stubbornness.
- Lay loose from the Naproxen, the Ibuprofen, the Tylenol, and other family members of such.
- Someone needs to learn how to properly use a coin bank. It’s one way until you fill it up. It isn’t a Cookie Jar.
- Stop saying “I love this (song/movie/show/person) to every single one that appears on TV or the Internet.
- Chill out.
- Being rude will get you nowhere.
- Do not tolerate your moodswings, let alone complement them with sad movies and songs.
- Opening the fridge every two minutes might not make you a little less hungry, but it will hurt the electric bill. Be considerate.
- Learn to verbalize all the beautiful things you write down on paper.
- Never quit on people. You may not be the king, but you are a kingmaker.
- No grudges. Forgive, because you are forgiven.
Bring on the New Year!