How often do you find a friend who you cannot label? That one friend who is just beyond description, because everything that you do together has become routine, but always exciting.
Do you have that kind of label-impossible friend?
1. That friend who you think or consider to be a best friend but never tell them that, because both of you have so many people you consider best friends that you think it’s intrusive, inappropriate, or weird.
2. When you absolutely have nothing to do, or talk about, and yet you spend hours and hours without end together in each other’s company. Or when you both have something different to do, and you’d rather finish your work in the presence of the other.
3. When you’d rather have them just get your phone and let them fiddle with it, because you trust them completely – or because you’re too lazy to do what they ask you (e.g. “Hey, can you text ____ for me?” “No, you do it yourself, here’s my phone.”)
4. You finish each other’s sentences or answer for them when you meet new people, because you practically know them inside and out. You sometimes might tweak some facts or exaggerate, to your advantage. No harm in doing so.
5. There are automatic activities you do when you go to places like the mall: Enter mall, window shop here and there, scrutinize people (okay maybe that’s just me), stop for lunch, go back to shopping, and head home.
6. You think they’re psychic. They have that strong gut feeling about things. They know if something’s wrong with you, and they want you to tell them.
7. Your family considers them to be part of your family, and love them just as much.
8. People associate you with each other, and sometimes think you’re their keeper or vice versa. When they want to ask about you, they ask that friend.
9. You’d drop everything you’re doing just for them.
10. You know the little things about them, and love it.
11. The stories you exchange with them range from their morning’s toothpaste mishap to big promotions news at work, and it’s all fun, all interesting, all the time.
12. Thoughts of them are evoked whenever you spot their favorite colors, favorite food, favorite shows, and pretty much favorite everything.
13. You argue but when you wake up the morning, thoughts of your mistakes are all gone.
14. They’re your personal fashion consultant.
15. They hit you with the painful truth, but that makes you respect them and listen to them more.